Friday, June 25, 2010

trembling-free write

In and out in and out. Ragged sighs of malcontent. They tear at me and make my throat raw. I almost did it. I almost walked away...from all of this. Everything.

Almost.

What was left of me? Blackened ash. Where is that flame that the lyric suggests? It is not clear, and something malfunctioned within me. A disconnect. A discord. I have failed and I know this. Now just get up and walk across the acid floors. I pray that they will dissolve me. Reduce me to a puddle.

Almost.

I stayed in my seat. Why?

There was flint striking rock in that place of infinite darkness. I have found you. Or is it that you have found me? What ever the case

i stayed in my seat why...

Because the answer is yes, and anything else I can imagine to be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment