Thursday, June 3, 2010

Small Victories

I’ve been having a hard time lately. I feel trapped within my own fog.

But the question of constructing myself and what that really means and looks like has been weighing on my heart. I don’t think our construction is ever complete. I don’t think we get any wiser to what our whole person is. Our hearts and our minds are always under construction.

And that’s beauty beyond anything imaginable.

We get larger in this life. We grow and we occupy space. We learn and we adapt. But we never stop. We never stop capturing the beauty in the world as we discover more about it. So I won’t know more about myself in twenty years, I’ll just be a little wiser and more aware of my true heart than I am now.

So today, to learn a little more about my true heart, I’ve decided to set small goals for myself. To challenge myself in small ways that I hope will lead to big victories and a focused spirit. I think it’s the small victories that allow us to feel like we are growing, moving, discovering.

What small challenges will you guys try to defeat today?

No comments:

Post a Comment